Saturday, July 07, 2007

Critical Mass C1 conversion

I don't know what is appealing about this boat to the cboaters; if it's the simple lines that remind you of a nice open boat, the wide and stable cross section under the cockpit, or the height of the front of the cockpit rim that makes the conversion so easy. I'm what those kneelers call a butt boater so I can only speculate. Whatever the reason, the Critical Mass has been getting some good attention from cboaters lately. Take a look at these photos of a recent conversion that Rob sent me.








got a great email along with the photos (hope you don't mind me sharing Rob) My favorite part of this email is that he calls the Critical Mass the "X Mass". I love it!!! Enjoy the pictures.....

"HERE ARE SOME PICS OF X-MASS CONVERSION. WENT VERY SMOOTHLY, ONLY NEW HOLES DRILLED WERE FOR THE THIGH STRAPS. I USED A STOCK DAGGER PEDESTAL FROM AN OLD CASCADE, 4 OF THE 6 MOUNTS FROM THE KAYAK SEAT WERE USED TO ANCHOR IT. THE BOAT HANDLES VERY NICELY IN C-1 POSITION, MAY HAVE TO DO SOME MINOR TWEAKING-MOSTLY FOR COMFORT. ONLY HAD IT ON THE RIVER TWICE, BUT I AM VERY SATISFIED. COMPARED TO MY LOWER VOLUME BOATS, IT SURFACES LIKE A U-BOAT, WHICH IS KINDA FUN. ANYWAY, SO FAR SO GOOD."







border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5084309663006322178" />



No comments: