Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sheepscot Falls with Kawanhee (part 1)

I was able to help Camp Kawanhee run a trip to the Sheepscot Reversing Falls this week. It is a prefect place to take adventurous beginning kayakers and let them learn by experimenting, making mistakes, and gaining confidence in the water.




This first part is mostly pictures of me because I am often the photographer as well as instructor so don't have many photos of myself. Gregor Hoffman had the camp's Pentax Optio in his lifevest pocket and took some nice shots. I'll share some more that he took as well as the ones I took with my SLR in the next post.



Here I am giving the opening lecture about surfing and eddy line-up courtesy so that these eager campers would know how to hold their place in line without annoying the locals.



Lastly, a photo of Ed Watson, ready for action in the Thruster. Ed is a skilled and dedicated counselor who mostly works in the canoe and swimming departments. His interest in whitewater is part-time, but he does quite well in a kayak (and is a valuable asset managing the group of kids).




If anyone is interested in this general boy's summer camp program you should check out the website.
http://www.kawanhee.com

No comments: