Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sheepscot turns into a lefty spot

as the water drops and the wave on river-left turns into a strange pourover, the right side opens up into a funny hole. The spot likes to go lefty,which is good for me.



it was a little flushy at this level, but still good to go if you are on top of things.
Here is Ed Watson giving it a try. He is an on-again/off-again summer boater from Ohio who does pretty well (when you consider how infrequently he boats). Ed just scored a job in Burlington, VT so I suspect all of that might change. I'm waiting for the day he calls me to get a boat of his own.



Ted likes to go righty, and found that strange seam on the right a few times, but dialed the hole in nicely in just a few rides. All of that wave surfing makes him very light on his boat, so he does well in flushy spots.



another shot of me going left, burying that small Squashtail stern very deep. Good thing for all that volume behind the cockpit (which actually makes the boat more retentive than one would initially think).



the bow of the Squashtail goes down quite easily.



I must mention that Mark Gibson took all of these photos. It's fun to be in front of the camera sometimes. All too often I am the one behind the lenses. I was happy to just go to a spot and play play play.

Mark is the webmaster and main photographer for Camp Kawanhee in Weld, Maine.
http://www.kawanhee.com
He also maintains his brother's pet bird store website in New York City.
http://www.birdcamp.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to sound silly, but where is the Sheepscot? I saw other links to stuff in Maine... Any rate, looks like some good playboating. Cheers.